Monday, April 6, 2020

Guidance and Preparation

Saturday was a glorious day at LTC.  The sun shone all weekend and many of the residents made the most of the garden.

Our residents have been loving all the FaceTime and phone calls.

However, over the weekend new guidance in relation to Covid19 has been bombarding us, Public Health England, NHS, 111, Bucks Council, all were updating us.  Process changes have not always been communicated clearly but I am confident and I am up to date with ever changing guidance.

We also learnt that Covid 19 has hit many local care homes and with that news, new guidance came out regarding End of Life care.   Care at end of life is something which is not always talked about, but I can guarantee at all times the individual is treated with care, love, dignity and compassion.  They are never alone and have all the support they need.

We have to prepare for the worst even though we hope for the best and do everything in our power to keep our residents safe and well.  End of Life care plans are not something that can be done via email, ideally they are discussed in person, but the restrictions of every day life meant that these conversations with the new guidance had to take place via phone today.

I have spoken to almost all of our residents families, and to be honest after 12 of these conversations I am emotionally drained, as I am sure many of you are.  But I am happy that I have spoken to almost everyone (if I haven't called you rest assured I will tomorrow)

But, prepared we must be.  I hope that we will not need to use them but I felt I was not doing my job without having these conversations.

Tomorrow I am back at LTC, I promise an update about residents later this week, but rest assured behind the scenes we are doing everything we can to ensure that your loved ones are safe and well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Every Story Matters - the Covid Enquiry

 It’s a year since I last updated this blog.  I hope that this will be the last blog entry I ever write about Covid.  I have just written th...